Liquipedia is the world's largest esports wiki, the best resource for live updated results, tournament overview, team and player profiles, game information, and more. We are looking for a front end developer to contribute to the enhancement of the current and future wikis.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting with the front end development of our website initiatives.
- Maintain front end usability and functionality for the Liquipedia website and other technology properties.
- Suggest improvements to the website’s user experience by implementing user interface changes and collaborating with all Technology teams to conceptualize and develop new features.
- Coordinating with back end developers to ensure compatibility and usability between front end and back end systems.
What you should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of best practices (maintainability, performance, security) for each coding language.
- Knowledge of website accessibility standards (WCAG).
- Experience with the principles of interaction design, user-centered concepts, UX research and design, human-computer interaction, or interface design.
- Familiarity with at least one CSS preprocessor and git version control.
- Live in the Netherlands, preferably in the travel range of Utrecht. OR Be a citizen of a European Union nation with the ability and desire to relocate to the Netherlands.
Proficiencies that would be a plus but are not required:
- Open Graph (OG) protocol
- Statistical visualization in general and d3.js in particular.
What you will get next to a salary:
- Playful work environment (Read: lots of gaming)
- Weekly team lunch outings because we actually like each other here.
- Official monthly game nights. The fun kind of crunk.
- Decorate your set up however you like. Just... keep it dry.
- Kitchen stacked with the snackiest snacks.
- Acquisitie voor deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld / Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.